I’ve met a lot of moms who expressed interest in working from home. Most of those who don’t go through with it have one thing in common. They all believe that they don’t have the experience needed to be able to work at home.
As long as you know how to use a computer, you have experience.
As long as you’ve had a job before, you have experience.
The great thing about working online or having an online, home-based business is you can practically do ANYTHING you want. You can make money on the skills you already have and what you’re passionate about. You can start a business, freelance, or get a job online.
I can already think of several jobs off the top of my head that you can do:
- Data encoder – There’s a lot of competition for data encoder jobs and the pay isn’t much but it’s something practically anyone can do.
- Answer surveys/market research – All you need for this is another email account (to avoid spamming your personal email) and a few minutes to fill up a survey and give your opinion.
- Blogger/writer – If you love to write, why not make a living out of it. It may take a while for you to have regular clients or to set up a blog that earns but it can be very rewarding especially if writing is truly your passion.
- Online retailer – If you know how make crafts, cook, or you have talents like playing the piano, tutoring, gardening, you can sell you products and services on Facebook, Fiverr, Ebay, Etsy, Pinterest, Multiply, Amazon,sulit.com.ph. etc. I have a cousin who likes to bead everything (not just jewelry, bags and other accessories, she also beads kitchen items) and she gets regular clients and custom orders from that single skills. Once, she created a set of beaded cutlery and she was able to sell that set for 4 times what it was actually worth. I have friend, who is a sculptor, who sells her custom clay jewelry and accessories online and she also markets her art classes there.
As you can see, the possibilities are endless, even if you think that you have no experience. All it takes is a little imagination and a little elbow grease.
- Work At Home Options For Mums (youngworkathomemoms.wordpress.com)
- The Best Time To Start Becoming A Work-At-Home Parent (wailingsofaworkathomemom.wordpress.com)
- SME Guide: how to work from home (xlntelecom.co.uk)