Call center jobs aren’t limited to call centers. You can do the same job (with the same pay and hours) in the comfort of your own home as a VA or virtual assistant. The difference between a call center agent and a virtual assistants is virtual assistants usually have more job flexibility and learn more skills than a regular call center agent.
A real estate company in the US is looking for a virtual assistant to do the following tasks:
- Listening to phone messages of incoming leads and transcribing the messages
- Follow up leads via phone (skype) or email to obtain additional information about the property the client wishes to sell.
- Research the property in several databases (to be provided) and create pdf’s of reports to upload to a customer database
- Follow up with clients to make offer on properties
Applicants must have the following requirements:
- Has strong English and communication skills
- Understands phone and email etiquette and does not violate these principles
- Is familiar with Microsoft Excel and general ability to use windows based software Special consideration will be given to candidates that have prior experience in helping real estate investors or related type of businesses.
How to apply:
Please respond by sending an email here with a cover letter that includes the following:
- Subject line NOCOMP to ensure that you have completely read the job description
- Your experience with telemarketing and specifically, appointment setting
- Your proficiency with Microsoft Exce
- Your availability during the work week (M-F)
- Sample voice recording In addition, please provide a 1-paragraph statement on the real estate market in your local area.
- Virtual Assistant – January 18, 2013 (wailingsofaworkathomemom.wordpress.com)